Vail Parking and Beaver Creek Parking
Winter Parking in Vail & Beaver Creek
In Winter, Vail parking and Beaver Creek parking options vary - pay for the convenience of being close to the lifts or park for free and take the FREE bus to the slopes at each resort.
Vail Village and Lionshead Parking Structures
The Town of Vail has two parking structures: the Vail Village parking structure is conveniently located in Vail on South Frontage Road just east of the main Vail I-70 exit. The Lionshead parking structure is a 1/3 mile west of the main Vail roundabout.
From your car, it's a quick and easy 5 minute walk or bus ride to the slopes. Lots of signs and friendly locals point the way!
- Open 7 days/week
- 2,500 close-in parking spaces (most of them covered)
Short-term parking is available 7 days a week on top deck of Vail structure and level 1 of LionsHead structure.
The Vail parking structure also serves as the main hub for FREE Vail resort and Beaver Creek resort area buses and Ecotransit buses that connect Vail and Beaver Creek. For general information, call Vail Transportation Center, 970-479-2178.
The daily rates for close-in structured parking in Vail Village and Lionshead are: (Cash, Visa or MasterCard)
•0 to 2 hours- free
•2 to 3 hours- $15
•3 to 4 hours- $20
•4 to 24 hours- $25 All day cap
•Arrive after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m.*
* Arrivals from 1 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. will be charged $15.00
RVs and other over-size vehicles that do not fit in the parking structures can park in the Charter Bus Lot east of the Lionshead parking structure. There is a $25 charge for RVs and other oversize vehicles using this lot. Charter bus parking will is free.
Valet Parking/Privately Operated Garages Open to Public (prices vary)
Solaris, 141 E. Meadow Dr.
Manor Vail Lodge, 595 E. Vail Valley Dr.
Golden Peak Passport Garage, 458 Vail Valley Dr.
Cascade Village, 1295 Westhaven Dr.
FREE Vail Parking in Winter
Frontage Road Parking - Available until 11 pm only when all other lots are full. Signs at Vail I-70 exit 176 will indicate when the Frontage Road has been released for use:
• Frontage Road parking is across the street from the parking structures.
• Park on the north (I-70) side of the roadway, leaving as much shoulder area as possible.• Avoid blocking driveways.
• Leave plenty of space (as much as 50 feet) at intersections.
• Prohibited parking areas on the Frontage Road will be clearly marked.
FREE outlying parking on the FREE Town of Vail bus route
Check the FREE Town of Vail bus schedule for pick-up and drop off times - all buses end up at the Vail Parking Structures, a 5 minute walk to the lifts.
• Red Sandstone Park (15 spaces) - Available 7 days/week
• North Frontage Road across from West Vail Mall (70 spaces) - Available 7 days/week.
• North Frontage Road in West Vail, west of West Vail roundabout (100 spaces) - Available Friday, Saturday and Sunday only.
Donovan Park (1600 South Frontage Rd.) - 7 am - 11 pm
• 90 FREE spaces are available when the pavilion isn’t in use (indicated by a sign at the park’s entrance.)
• Donovan Park is on the West Vail ‘Red’ bus route - the bus stop is a few steps south at the intersection of Matterhorn Circle and West Gore Creek Drive and carries skiers to LionsHead base area on the hour and half hour.
Vail Nordic Center (Vail Golf Course - 1778 Sunburst Dr.) - 7 am - 11 pm
•A limited number of FREE spaces are available on select days.
•Hop on the Free town bus directly across the street.
Trailhead Parking: (some spaces are restricted to three-hour trailhead use!)
•Click this map for directions to Vail hiking trailheads, where several spaces are up for grabs : Gore Creek; East Vail Interchange; Pitkin Creek; Booth Falls; Davos; Red Sandstone Creek; Buffehr Creek; Spraddle Creek.
•Remember, bus stops are close at hand.
Vail Parking Help:
Beaver Creek Parking - Winter
Paid Beaver Creek Parking
Drive 7 minutes up the mountain from the Beaver Creek resort entrance in Avon on Highway 6 and park at the Village parking structures.
Villa Montane & Village Hall Parking Structures, Beaver Creek Village - 7 am - 11 pm
• Paid covered parking from 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
• Free shopper parking for 2 hours
• Maximum of $33/day.
FREE Beaver Creek Parking
•There are two free lots west of the main entrance to Beaver Creek on Highway 6
•From the parking lot, jump on the FREE skier shuttle up the mountain to Beaver Creek Village and the slopes
•The shuttle also serves The Landing ski lift to Bachelor Gulch and Overflow Parking (Hwy 6 street parking, Rodeo Grounds in Avon, and Wolf Lot near The Landing)
•The bus stops at the Covered Bridge at Beaver Creek resort. Greeters are happy to show you the way to the lifts.
Beaver Creek parking shuttle schedule:
5:30am – 9:00pm (Every 10 Min.)
9:00pm – 2:30am (Every 20 Min.)
FREE resort-wide shuttle - morning, noon and night
•Available for all guests staying in Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch, and Arrowhead village to anywhere within the resort.
•For more information, and to schedule a pick-up, call Village Transportation at (970) 949-1938. Allow 10-20 minutes for pick-up.
FREE Town of Avon buses depart throughout the day from the Beaver Creek Elk Lot (on the Bear Lot route) to amenities and lodging properties within town. Avon bus schedule
ECO Transit - Operates daily bus service between Vail, Beaver Creek, Avon, Edwards and Eagle. For more information click here or call (970) 328-3520.