There’s no better way to celebrate the end of the ski season, and the beginning of spring, than to enjoy a day of Vail golf. As the days last longer, and the sun begins to melt the spring snows, it’s almost time to hit the golf courses! Here are a few of our favorite courses you need to check out with your friends and family.
Vail Golf Club
The Vail Golf Club was designed by a pioneer of Vail in 1962, and it continues to be one of the best courses in the Vail valley. During the winter months, it is home to Vail’s Nordic Center, with a ski track and many snowshoe trails. When the snow melts, it is a unique, beautiful golf course, featuring 6,766 yards of golf, with gorgeous views of the Gore Mountain Range.
- Price and Information: $45 rate without a cart (18 holes), $64 with a cart (18 holes). Visit their website for additional rates and information.
- When It’s Open: According to its website, The Vail Golf Club plans on opening on May 15, weather permitting. Be sure to give them a call to make sure they’re open.
Eagle Ranch Golf Club
Located in Eagle, Colorado (which is only a 30-minute drive from Vail), Eagle Ranch Golf Cub offers a majestic golf course. Opened in 2001, this 18-hole public golf course has spectacular views at 6,600 feet above sea level. You can also enjoy the ice rink, pool, fitness center, and outdoor pool as well as enjoy the golf course.
- Price and Information: The early season (until May 26th) offers the best Vail golf prices. You can play 18 holes for prices ranging from $53 – $69 (depending on your residency within the county or town of Eagle). See additional rates and information on their website.
- When It’s Open: The golf course is open now, but call ahead to make sure the spring blizzards haven’t unexpectedly closed the course.
Gypsum Creek Golf Course
The Gypsum Creek Golf Course is nestled in the beautiful Gypsum Valley. The 18-hole championship course was designed by Pete Dye, and is great for golfers of all levels! The course is highlighted by stunning natural scenery, and the signature 6th hole provides golfers with an exceptional challenge due to the winds in the area.
- Price and Information: $51 visitor price (18 holes), $46 local resident price (18 holes). See additional rates and information (including a special twilight rate) by visiting the website.
- When It’s Open: The Gypsum Creek Golf Course is currently open, but be sure to call ahead to make sure the weather hasn’t closed the course.
Visit a Vail Golf Course for a Leisurely Day
Playing a round of golf can be the best way to enjoy a sunny spring day in Vail, Colorado. There are many different Vail golf options, with courses for every level of experience. We’re sure you’ll love spending the day enjoying the stunning beauty of Colorado, while golfing!