If you’re planning a ski trip to Colorado, getting to Vail and Beaver Creek from the airport is something you’ll need to figure out before-hand. There are a few options regarding which airport you fly into, and which transportation you take: No matter which option you choose, you’ll get to Vail and have the vacation of your life!
Getting to Vail and Beaver Creek: Airport Options
Vail is located 100 miles west of Denver’s international airport. There are hundreds of daily flights in and out of this airport, which makes it the most affordable and convenient option in most cases. There are two regional airports as well, however: Eagle County Regional Airport is less than 40 miles from Vail, and the Colorado Springs Airport is less than 200 miles away
- Denver International Airport (DEN) – 2 Hour, 20 Minute Drive
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) – 40 Minute Drive
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS) – 2 Hour, 51 Minute Drive
No matter which option you choose, there are many options for renting a car or getting transportation to your accommodations in Vail and Beaver Creek.
Getting to Vail and Beaver Creek: Transportation Options
Once you’ve arrived at the airport, you’ll need to figure out transportation to your accommodations (or the mountain, if you’re itching to hit the slopes!). There are a few options:
- Rent a Car: Denver, Colorado Springs, and Eagle County all have reasonable car rental options. If you choose to rent a car, you’ll be able to explore the area much more easily, as you won’t depend on finding outside transportation.
- Take a Shuttle: There are many different shuttle options from each airport. Our favorite option from Denver International Airport is Peak 1 Express They have the best rates, and offer free wi-fi to and from your destination. Eagle County Airport has a variety of shuttle options, as does the Colorado Springs Airport.
Getting Around Vail and Beaver Creek
There are many options for getting around Vail and Beaver Creek during your stay. From taxis to limos, a free bus, or a shuttle, you can get anywhere in the area quickly and affordably. And, once you get to Vail or Beaver Creek, everything is within a short walking distance, so you don’t always need to have a car.