Christmas is upon us: In only 3 days, we’ll be sitting in front of cozy fires, spending time with our friends and families, and celebrating the greatest season of the year. If you’re spending the holidays in Vail or Beaver Creek, you’re in the perfect location. We’ve received a lot of snow, and the mountains are draped in a blanket of white. Nothing could induce the spirit of Christmas more than fresh snow in a mountain town. Here are a few of our favorite festivities to enjoy this holiday weekend in Vail and Beaver Creek.
Holiday Festivities in Beaver Creek
Beaver Creek is the quintessential winter wonderland. And, it really comes alive over the holidays during their WinterFest. During Winterfest, there are countless activities to enjoy, including parades, festive lights, performances, characters, contests, and more! Here are a few of our favorite events here. Click the link above to see the complete schedule!
- Visit with Santa: On Friday and Saturday (the 23rd and 24th) from 3:30-5:30, you can visit with Santa in the Plaza! His booth is set up and he’s ready to hear all the requests from your kids.
- Parades, Shows, and Skating: Over the next two days, you can enjoy a variety of parades, comedy shows, and fun skating nights. Wazoo the Winter Wizard will make an appearance (and you can spot other fun characters as well!), and you can finish off the evening with the kids by skating in the Winter Rock and Disco Skate Night.
- Evening Shows: The Vilar Performing Arts Center has two great shows this week: The Ten Tenors Home for the Holidays, and T’was The Night Before Christmas reading.
- Make S’Mores by the Fire: Head to the Park Hyatt for the s’mores happy hour from 4:00-5:00pm. They provide the marshmallows (they’re homemade!), chocolate, grahams, roasting sticks, and a roaring, cozy fire!
Holiday Festivities in Vail
Christmas is magical in Vail. Whether you decide to ski (there is more open terrain this weekend than any other ski resort in the United States), or simply walk around the village and enjoy the beauty, you’ll have a holiday season you will never forget. Here are a few of our favorite things to do.
- Go On a Sleigh Ride: One of the best ways to get into the spirit of the season is to take a sleigh ride. Bearcat Stables offers a great sleigh ride experience, including a tasty meal!
- Attend a Candlelight Service: The Vail Interfaith Chapel offers a Christmas Eve candlelight service you can attend with your family. If you’re in Beaver Creek, you can go to the Beaver Creek Chapel on Christmas Eve for a service.
- Have Dinner in the Village: Vail Village is a winter wonderland, so simply walking around the streets in the evening gets you into the Christmas spirit. There are many fantastic restaurants that offer great holiday specials – walk around and choose a place that sounds delicious!
A Few of Our Favorite Things: Have a Wonderful Holiday
These are a few of our favorite things to enjoy in Vail and Beaver Creek. This is a special time of year, no matter where you are spending your Christmas. Have a wonderful time celebrating, and a very merry Christmas from everyone here at Vail.net!