With the skiing and snowboarding season winding down, there isn’t any need to get depressed. After all, spring is a time of celebration in Colorado. Many ski towns host parties to end the season: Vail is no different. In today’s blog post, we’ll give you an overview of the events that are scheduled this coming weekend so that you don’t miss any Vail spring activities so that you can end the season right!
Extended Hours: A Reason to Celebrate!
If you attend the season-end celebrations in Vail this weekend, you’ll have more than one reason to be happy: Not only will you be joining in on the fun, you can celebrate that the season has been extended. Extraordinary snow conditions have led to the Vail Mountain ski season being extended for a week! Instead of closing this weekend, the winter season has been extended to April 17th. Now that’s some news we can all get excited about!
From Mountain Luaus to Discounts throughout Vail
Vail spring activities range from mountain luaus to pond skimming, great music, and delicious food and beer. This weekend is absolutely packed with fun events.
- Check out the Vail Film Festival Virtual Reality Tent from 11am-5pm in Slifer Square.
- Then, kickoff the the weekend with a blues concert: The Chris Robinson Brotherhood is playing at Solaris Plaza, starting at 5:30 pm.
- Throughout the weekend, businesses in Vail are offering discounts on food and beverages. Just keep your eyes peeled for “Triple R Rewards,” which signifies a business is participating in the promotion, and you can take advantage of drink and food specials, as well as discounts in retail businesses throughout the area.
- On Saturday from 12pm – 3pm, there is going to be a mountain luau at Sarge’s at Mid-Vail, complete with live music, games, giveaways, a pig roast, and drink specials!
- There are many events happening this weekend: Be sure you view the complete calendar of events for the weekend so you don’t miss a single bit of the fun.
Spring in Colorado is always filled with fun: The end of ski season signals the beginning of great summer activities such as hiking, biking, swimming, and simply enjoying the beauty of the area. Kick off the season right by joining in on our Vail spring activities this weekend!